THIS MONTH, I RECEIVED THE FRESHMAN COOK. SUCH A FUN AND DIVERSE BLOG THAT YOU'LL WANT TO CHECK OUT. I HAD A HARD TIME DECIDING ON A RECIPE....DECISIONS, DECISIONS AND SO WHEN I SAW YET ANOTHER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE (CAN YOU EVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE?) I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY. THESE WERE CALLED SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. THE SECRET INGREDIENT? VANILLA PUDDING IN THE BATTER!! THESE COOKIES REEEEEEALLY WERE DELICIOUS AND I LOVED THE LOOK OF THEM ONCE BAKED! THEY TASTED JUST AS GREAT AFTER BEING FROZEN FOR A FEW DAYS, TOO! GOOD TO KNOW FOR BAKING AHEAD OF TIME! I CHILLED MY DOUGH 24 HOURS WHICH LED TO A NICE THICK COOKIE. GIVE THESE A TRY NEXT TIME YOU'RE CRAVING SOME YUMMY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!! THANKS TO THE FRESHMAN COOK FOR A GREAT RECIPE!!
SORRY, I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF...I HAD TO TRY A BITE!!!!
THE SECRET INGREDIENT!!! LOL
DIG IN!!! WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT?
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies FROM THE FRESHMAN COOK
4 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the milk chocolate chips, trying to spread evenly through cookie dough.
- Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
MY NOTES: I HALVED THIS RECIPE AND STILL MADE 3 DOZEN AND I USED SEMI SWEET CHIPS.
LINKING AT GRATEFUL BELLY