Tuesday, July 17, 2012
VANILLA BEAN SUGAR COOKIES
1 1/4 cups butter (at room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1 large eggs
seeds from 1 vanilla bean PLUS 1 TSP vanilla (or 1 T. vanilla)
2 1/2 cups flour (I needed a little more)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cream the butter and sugar until thoroughly incorporated
2. Add eggs
3. Cut open your vanilla bean and scrape the seeds out. Add to mixing bowl with vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients together.
5. Roll out the dough on well floured surface and cut out cookie shapes. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
6. Put cookie dough shapes into the fridge for 10 minutes to 1 hour to chill.
7. Preheat your oven to 350°F
8. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes or until the edges become golden brown. The baking time will depend on the size of your cookie.
9. Let cookies cool to room temperature.
TO VIEW MORE DECORATED COOKIES, CLICK HERE
recipe adapted from sweetopia