- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar
- 4 OUNCES ALMOND FLOUR
- 3 EGG WHITES
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar and almond flour. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip egg whites with salt on medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to high and gradually add granulated sugar. Continue to whip until stiff glossy peaks form. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the confectioners' sugar mixture until completely incorporated.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Fit a pastry bag with a 3/8-inch #4 round tip, and fill with batter. Pipe 1-inch disks onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. The batter will spread a little. Let stand at room temperature until dry, and a soft skin forms on the tops of the macarons and the shiny surface turns dull, about 15 minutes.
- bake 20-25 minutes-will be done when easily come off parchment. Cool and fill.
- adapted from martha stewart
½ cup (125 ml) heavy cream
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
4 ounces (120 gr) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon (15 gr) butter, cut into small pieces
HEAT CREAM AND CORN SYRUP. POUR OVER CHOCOLATE AND STIR TO MELT. ADD BUTTER. CHILL IN FRIDGE TILL COMPLETELY CHILLED. WHIP IN MIXER UNTIL FLUFFY! FILL MACARONS!
LINKING AT MOP IT UP MONDAYS