ARE YOU WEARING YOUR ELASTIC WAISTED PANTS? IF NOT, YOU MAY WANT TO GO CHANGE. THIS TRIFLE IS NOTHING SHORT OF INSANE. BROWNIES, SALTED CARAMEL, ROLOS AND COOL WHIP CREAM.....YUP, IT'S FOR REAL!
STEP ONE-BAKE BROWNIES OF YOUR CHOICE. I USED ALMOST 2 9X13 PANS. CHILL, CUT INTO CUBES. HERE IS MY FAVORITE BROWNIE RECIPE! YOU CAN USE GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES, TOO!! CHILL BROWNIES BEFORE CUTTING.
STEP TWO-MAKE THIS CARAMEL.....CLICK HERE!
STEP THREE-WHIPPED CREAM!
HERE IS THE RECIPE FOR THE STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM I USED! IT WILL NOT DEFLATE LIKE REGULAR WHIPPED CREAM MIGHT.
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Add the cold water to a small bowl, then sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, until it has set.
- In a small skillet, add about 1/2-inch of water, and heat over medium-high heat. Place the small bowl with the gelatin directly inside the skillet. Stir the gelatin until it is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the skillet.
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to soft peaks. Add in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks have formed.
STEP 4-OPTIONAL: CHOP UP SOME ROLO CANDIES
TO ASSEMBLE: LAYER IN TRIFLE BOWL: WHIPPED CREAM, BROWNIES, CARAMEL, ROLOS AND REPEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL YOU REACH THE TOP.
top picture above shows this made without the rolos-use any candy you like!Second pic shows with rolos! I have also made this using Fairytale Brownies-awesome!